Sunday, June 20, 2010

Keep Growing & A Bow Tutorial

gcd tutorial card 1

gcdtutorial card2

Bow Tutorial
tutorial1
1. Pick out your ribbon, any size, any width.
You will want at least 2 yards.

tutorial3
2. Loop your ribbon back and forth 4 times, pinching in the middle.

tutorial2
3. Turn your ribbon, cut a smaller piece to tie in the middle.

tutorial4
4. Tie off your bow tightly with your smaller piece of ribbon.


We are gaga over bows at g.c.d. facebook! I have a special place for ribbon in my heart. A slight obsession would best describe it. I just cannot pass up a spool of ribbon. Each spool of ribbon has it's own personality, but once you tie it into a beautiful bow it takes on another dimension. I thought I would come up with a new fun way to tie a beautiful bow, and share how to create it in a step by step tutorial. Also here is a card I created using all fantabulous g.c.d products and my new bow.

Thanks for all your sweet comments!

Photobucket


9 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Laura that bow is so fun! I'm going to have to try that one!

Joke said...

Hi Laura!

What a lovely bow.
I have to try it too!

Hugs from Holland,
Joke.

Terrie B x said...

Hiya Laura..

Your Bow is simply `Gorgeous` Gotta love all your Bows!!!You are the
`Queen Bow Tyer`!!!

Have a fab week:)xxx

Stacey Schafer said...

great card, bow and tutorial, Laura! i've done this type of bow on gift-wrapped packages before, but not too often on my cards...why not?

Gisèle said...

wow, how easy is that?? thanks:-))

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is gorgeous and I definitely am going to try your bow technique! Thanks so much for the tutorial!!

Jessica T said...

Hi Laura, sweet card and thanks for sharing your bow technique! will be trying it out soon xx

Kay said...

The colors on your card popped off my computer screen! SO pretty!! I truly love, love, love it!! Thank you for the wonderful bow tutorial. I like all the loops!!! ♥♥ Kay

Audrey Pettit said...

Love your new bow! It is so elegant and full. Gorgeous GCD card, too. Love those colors.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS