Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day #6

Day #6 of What I Love: Chocolate

Yum, chocolate. I could never live without it. It's almost a daily necessity. Today I thought I would share one of my favorite chocolate recipes, Chocolate Molten Cakes. I plan on making this desert for my family on Valentine's Day in heart shaped ramekins. Enjoy

Chocolate Molten Cakes

Preheat oven to 425
4 squares of semisweet baking chocolate
1 stick of salted butter
1 cup of powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
2 1/2 Tablespoons flour (all purpose)
Vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberries for the topping.

Combine 1 stick of butter and the 4 chocolate squares. Microwave for 1 minute stir until chocolate is all melted. Add 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, and 2 1/2 Tablespoons of flour, mix well.
Butter ramekins, pour batter into cups and bake for 13 to 14 minutes. The center of the cakes should be gooey.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and fresh raspberries.
Enjoy

Laura


2 comments:

Pamela Smerker said...

Absolutely going to try this one. Thanks for sharing!!

Petra said...

oh bless your heart, this looks beautiful! I'll have to make that! My birthday is right after Valentine's Day (Feb 16), so twice the reason to try it...
Loved your food journal yesterday -you're such a disciplined eater! I feel like such a glutton :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS